Saturday, July 11, 2009

Montauk, a fair, & a call from China

Today my roomie, her mom & I went to Montauk (a Governor’s mansion) in Clermont.  I can’t believe that I’ve never been there before because it’s only 45 minutes away from home & FREE!!  It was also a beautiful place.

This rooster greeted us with some crows

 DSCN2343

Pretty flowers

DSCN2345

The music room

DSCN2353

Funky chandelier in the music room

DSCN2358

I think I saw Chris drooling over the library ;)

DSCN2363

 

DSCN2376

Old carriage

DSCN2381

Fire hose

DSCN2382

 

DSCN2387

 

Later on this afternoon Jeanne & Jeremy came over & we all headed up to the county fair.  We checked out all the animals & exhibits.  Congratulations to Kaela & Kortney who had some pieces chosen to go to the state fair.  Kortney has even won with her beef cattle & rabbit showings! 

Also, I just got off an hour long Skype call with Steph not too long ago.  She still has about 3 more weeks left in China before she finally comes home on the 31st.  It’s so wonderful to have all this technology so that we can stay connected from half a world away!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I was drooling -- I was also trying to figure out how I could take all the books and shelves and fit them into my house!

Unknown said...

Hmmm, maybe you should talk to your grandparents about that. ;)