Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tough day

Today at work was a really hard day. We had a quarterly update meeting & in the past when they have had these meetings, it means someone is getting let go. Today the total was 6 & I am one of them. August 8th will be my last day with Savia Library Services. August 25th would have been my 11th year with the company. During that time we have gone through numerous changes - company name (4 different names) & multiple days where people that I had become good friends with had lost their jobs. After August 8th there will only be 11 employees left in the Caledonia office. I'm pretty scared about what is going to happen next for me. I was going to have surgery on my feet, which I would have had done one at a time. Now I am thinking about having them both done at the same time & spending 6 weeks in a wheelchair or not having it done until I find a new job with health insurance. It's sad thinking about all the people that I have become friends with there & I hope that we will all be able to stay in touch.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh no, I'm sorry Kari. I was praying for you today!

Unknown said...

Thanks Chris!

Renee said...

I didn't realize you had worked there for that many years. I will keep you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Thanks Renee!